This dish only took me ten minutes to make and is quite possibly the best tasting meal I have ever had! I have posted the ingredients below, but the key to making this dish pop with delight is using RAW shrimp, which means the shrimp are white not red when you start cooking. And make sure they are thoroughly thawed – these were in the fridge for three days before they hit the stove top.
Ok so by by request – here’s the super easy recipe that even a man can follow!
|Cajun Shrimp Heaven!|
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Cajun Shrimp with bacon and pork
- 1 pound RAW shrimp (any size will do)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3 slices shaved pork loin
- 1/4 Roasted Red bell Pepper
- 2 Scallions
- Cajun spice (shaker)
- 1 teaspoon fresh bacon grease
- 1 Tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- Drain the water off and dump your pound of thoroughly thawed shrimp into a hot cast iron skillet along with the bacon grease and coconut oil.
- Stir it all together until all the shrimp is coated.
- Sprinkle generously with your favorite Cajun spice – coating all the shrimp
- Add in your diced fire-roasted red pepper (I get mine from a jar) and your bacon pieces. I cut up the four strips of bacon (pre-cooked) into 1 inch slices with scissors.
- Stir in your thin sliced cooked pork loin – it will break up nicely as you stir, if not cut it up a little.
- Final touch: Dice up the ends of two scallions and throw as many of those little stems in as you like – they are delicious as they get cooked in the cajun oil!
- And that’s about it. When the shrimp turns from white to that orange/red color it is done. Don’t over cook it, because you want it super tender.
- It should take less than 10 minutes from start to finish. This is a very fast dish if you keep precooked pork and bacon on hand all the time like I do!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone