|Cajun Shrimp Heaven! || ||
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Cajun Shrimp with bacon and pork
- 1 pound RAW shrimp (any size will do)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3 slices shaved pork loin
- 1/4 Roasted Red bell Pepper
- 2 Scallions
- Cajun spice (shaker)
- 1 teaspoon fresh bacon grease
- 1 Tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
- Drain the water off and dump your pound of thoroughly thawed shrimp into a hot cast iron skillet along with the bacon grease and coconut oil.
- Stir it all together until all the shrimp is coated.
- Sprinkle generously with your favorite Cajun spice - coating all the shrimp
- Add in your diced fire-roasted red pepper (I get mine from a jar) and your bacon pieces. I cut up the four strips of bacon (pre-cooked) into 1 inch slices with scissors.
- Stir in your thin sliced cooked pork loin - it will break up nicely as you stir, if not cut it up a little.
- Final touch: Dice up the ends of two scallions and throw as many of those little stems in as you like - they are delicious as they get cooked in the cajun oil!
- And that's about it. When the shrimp turns from white to that orange/red color it is done. Don't over cook it, because you want it super tender.
- It should take less than 10 minutes from start to finish. This is a very fast dish if you keep precooked pork and bacon on hand all the time like I do!
Recipe by What's John Eating . com at http://www.whatsjohneating.com/archives/792